Online Colour Measurement and Closed Loop Colour Control
Welcome to X-Rite, Team Online! Here you will find information about online colour measurement in the process. The team is located in Martinsried, near Munich, Germany and is the worldwide competence centre for colour measurement in the production machine. Colour measurement directly in the process is becoming more and more important, because of an easy calculation of the return on investment (ROI). Colour measurement in the laboratory is state of the art and necessary. Here the colour standards are defined and the quality control has to be made. But the results are not in real time, so they cannot be used for the control of the production machine. The online colour measurement and closed loop colour control help to:
- Start up the machine faster. Especially during this busy period, the workload of the operators is ,and with the automatic closed loop colour control the colour is within specs often before all the other product parameters are settled.
- Reduce transition times. With the automatic closed loop colour control transition times can be typically reduced by 50%. This means more productivity on the machine.
- Reduce of the waste. A change in raw material or floating production parameters cause a colour change in the production. When the colour starts to shift the online colour measurement will show the deviation immediately. Corrective action can be taken manually or automatically before the colour is out of spec.
- Therefore less waste handling. Out of spec material has to be collected, stored and if possible recycled on the machine. If this is not possible, the costs for disposal are even higher.
- Documentation of the whole process is not only necessary for ISO 9001, but also to show and prove the good quality to your customers. This will:
- Reduce customer complaints. If a customer complains about out of spec colour, it often leads to a reduced payment. It is even more critical, if the customer is looking for an alternative solution.
- An automatic closed loop colour control takes the "guess work" out of the process. Even small colour deviations will not only be measured immediately, but corrective actions are exactly calculated to get the colour in one step back to target.
- Improve the quality of your product. The proven good quality will give you a good argument at price negotiations.
See more about online color measurement systems? Follow: www.erx50.com
Or contact us directly at: info@ERX50.com